5 Benefits of a Ductless System
Maybe you’re ready to go green with your heating and cooling, switching from your traditional furnace and air conditioner to a ductless system. Or you’ve finally added on that rec room or plan to heat and cool your garage. Now is a great time to install a ductless system.
The Ductless Difference
A ductless system or mini split is very different from other more traditional heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. The major difference is its lack of ductwork for its air distribution; hence its moniker—ductless.
These efficient, compact systems only have three main components: the air handler indoor unit, the condenser outdoor unit, and a small conduit connecting the two units, housing the condensate drain, suction tubing, refrigerant tubing, and power cable. Due to their miniature size, these systems can be installed most anywhere in your Wilmington home, typically on a wall or ceiling.
These compact systems continue to grow in popularity in Delaware due to the benefits they can provide. And with our financing options at Burns & McBride, along with possible rebates from Energize Delaware, a program sponsored by Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility (DESAU), a new mini split is more affordable than ever.
Give us a call anytime to discuss how we can get you up and running with a new ductless system. Our Burns & McBride professionals are ready to talk with you about installation. If you’re currently already enjoying one in your Delaware home, our team can replace, repair, or maintain it when the need arises.
Ductless System Benefits to You
There are many benefits to choosing a ductless system over more traditional systems to heat and cool your home. Here are just five:
1. Energy efficiency. Without ductwork, a mini split is highly energy efficient. No leaky air ducts means no wasting energy—and money. Also, ductless systems have an inverter-driven compressor, which means they operate with varying fan speeds depending on the system’s needs. This saves energy by not completely shutting off and then needing to restart as a traditional HVAC compressor does.
2. Higher indoor air quality (IAQ). Once again, the absence of ductwork really helps your home. In this instance, it helps your indoor air quality. Poorly maintained ductwork can contribute to indoor air pollution. Dust, debris, and bacteria can circulate throughout your home’s air via leaks and holes in your air ducts. If you have household members with allergies or asthma, a ductless system will help eliminate negative health triggers.
3. Precise heating and cooling. Since mini splits are intended to heat and cool one specified area, in contrast to an entire home at once, you can target parts of your Wilmington home for individualized comfort. Rooms or portions of your home with uneven heating and cooling are addressed. Setting up a zone control system with several indoor ductless air handlers easily manages this level of control.
4. Unsurpassed comfort. Hyper Heat is a Mitsubishi home heating system designed to keep you comfortable even when the temperatures drop as low as -13 degrees Fahrenheit. Most standard heat pumps struggle when temperatures drop below 40 degrees. With Hyper Heat, you remain warm and cozy no matter the outdoor temperature.
5. Quiet operation. A ductless system is the quietest heating and cooling system of the HVAC group. Some models are actually whisper quiet. You would be hard pressed to know when they are working by audio reference only.
Call Burns & McBride for All Your Ductless System Needs
It’s easy to understand why so many Wilmington, DE, homeowners are heating and cooling their homes with ductless systems. Because we are a Preferred Platinum Dealer, you receive an additional two-year warranty on the equipment we install. That means you enjoy 12 years of warranty protection! Call us today at 302-273-1341 or request service online. We want to help you achieve a healthy and comfortable home.